Wix Pricing 2023: Which Pricing Plan Is Best (2023 Guide)
Learn from the masters and cracks the code to festive season sales success with Fynd Platform's Festive Readiness Guide
Wix pricing plan is a powerful app through which one can charge for content and services. Wix is the best option to grow and manage the online business with a customised storefront, dealing with the catalogue and order management. Wix plans are great for showcasing a professional site. There are a total of eight paid plans, which are started from $16 per month. In contrast, the highest pricing plan of Wix is $59/ month. The clients will get a free pricing plan from the paid plans. Hence, the clients will get a chance to experience Wix for 14 days free of Cost. If unsatisfied with the Wix service, you will get a money-back guarantee. As per the Wix pricing plan apps, one will get flexibility in creating the types of businesses. Hence, one should select three pricing plans: one-time, recurring, and free/ trial.
- Recurring payment: Make a subscription plan with recurring payments and choose how often the Plan recurs; weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- One-time payment: If you want to create a one-time plan, it will last for your selected period.
- Free Plans: This Plan offers your clients a free membership program.
Note that if one wants to accept online payments, he needs to upgrade the Plan to a Business & E-commerce plan.
Wix eCommerce Business Pricing Plan
To sell products through Wix, you should use the E-commerce plan. Here one will get three different E-commerce plans for a diverse price range of $27 to $59 per month (but billing will be done annually). Check out the critical features of Wix's E-commerce plan and compare them here in the given table-
Before choosing the best E-commerce plan for Wix, one should thoroughly check the features offered by Wix's different pricing plans here in the table given above-
Business Basic Plan: $27 per month
- This is the best Plan for starting an E-commerce business.
- Offers stripped-back features but sufficient for beginning the E-commerce plan.
- Upgrade to the Unlimited Plan once the sales start picking up.
Business Unlimited Plan: $32 per month
- Ideal for achieving steady sales and growth.
- Provides a wide range of tools to enhance your E-commerce efforts.
- Gain trust by requesting product reviews on your site.
- Unlock USPS discounts and simplify automated sales tax calculations (up to 100 transactions)
- Start dropshipping and accept subscriptions with this plan.
Business VIP Plan: $59 per month
- Streamlined, refined, and designed for growth in E-commerce.
- Upgrade to receive more online reviews and transactions with automated sales tax.
- Added USPS discount for additional savings.
- If your business generates good revenue, the price hike is worth it.
Enterprise Custom Pricing
This is a newly launched pricing plan for Wix. This means one needs to contact the Wix Enterprise sales team for more pricing information. As the name suggests, one can add more features to the enterprise pricing plan. If you still need to take an E-commerce plan from Wix, it would also be better to connect with the Fynd platform.
Wix's Website Pricing Plan (Non-eCommerce Program)
Apart from Wix's E-commerce pricing plans, four paid plans do not develop the website for selling things online but only want to build the website. The non-E-commerce pricing plan of Wix is more apt for making a personal blog, portfolio, or business site. Wix's plan range varies from $16 to $45 per month.
Find out the overview of the critical distinction between the features here in the following section-
Storage Space:Storage space is related to the content available on the websites (blogs, images, pages, etc.). Wix will not block anyone from uploading more content; nonetheless, if one is getting closer to the limit, it will notify one about getting slower. Here is some context related to the storage space limit that has been highlighted:
- The high-end image (not compressed) is 2.3 MB, 0.046% of the unlimited plan storage, 0.005% of the Pro plan storage, and 0.002% of the VIP plan storage.
- The Wix homepage is 81.86 MB or 4.10% of the combo plan storage, 1.64% of the Unlimited plan storage, 0.16% of the pro plan storage, and 0.082% of the VIP plan storage.
- If the post if 666.25 kb of 0.033% Combo storage, if the unlimited plan storage is 0.013%, Pro Plan storage is 0.001% and 0.0006% of the VIP storage plan.
Combo Plan: $16.00/ month
- Perfect for portfolios, small blogs, resumes, and personal sites.
- Ideal for free business promotion.
- An excellent starter plan.
- It is highly professional than the Free Plan.
Unlimited Plan: $22.00/ month
- Availability of SEO app to find the local people.
- Paid AD vouchers are great for testing the features with paid advertising.
- More storage (the faster site).
- Rising of video allowance.
- A practical step up for freelancers and small businesses.
Pro Plan: $27.00/ month
- Free additional features like the calendar app.
- Availability of branding and marketing.
- Use of Wix logo maker for rebranding.
VIP Plan: $45.00/ month
- Ideal for popular/ big websites.
- One will get the maximum storage capacity.
- 24/7 support is not available. One will get priority support as per the requirement.
- A bit expensive for the service one gets; nonetheless, it is worth it if one wants to profit from the website.
Which Pricing Plan of Wix is Best for You?
Before deciding on the best pricing plan for Wix, one should have detailed knowledge about the different types of Wix pricing plans, their features, and the Cost of choosing the Plan. A brief description of the Wix pricing plan has been highlighted in the given table.
- If one is looking for a website without an online store, the General website category of Wix is the best.
- However, choose the business and E-commerce plan if you plan to sell the products online.
- Hence, based on the purpose you have opened the website and the budget, you should choose the ideal Plan.
- Wix Scheduling Price:
- Wix scheduling pricing allows the clients to book appointments and pay the amount online. For the same, the experts of Wix will arrange sessions with Zoom to reach the clients anywhere. If one selects the Wix scheduling price, he will get analytics for tracking business performance. And the most important thing is the Wix scheduling price allows you to run the business from any device with the Wix app. Check out the scheduling pricing tools for managing and growing the business with Wix are highlighted here in the given section-
Fynd Platform Pricing Plan
Before you move to the next section, you can check out the pricing plans offered by the Fynd Platform here. Apart from several pricing plans, one will get a 30-day free trial period without providing credit card details. Also, check the pricing plans offered by the Fynd platform-
Also, check the pricing plans offered by the Fynd platform-
Personal vs Business Plan of Wix
Once one sets up the Wix pricing plan, they will be asked to choose the account type, depending on how they want to run their business. Two pricing plans of Wix have been highlighted here:
- Individual Account/ Personal Plan
- The business pricing plan of Wix (Partnership/ LLC/ Corporation/ NGO)
Individual Account/ Personal Plan: Select this pricing plan of Wix if you are running the business individually or as a sole proprietor. You can choose this pricing plan if you do not need the EIN or a relevant organisation registration ID. For the same, the payouts will be sent to the personal bank account. During registration, kindly ensure it matches the Wix payment account name and the bank account holder's name. For instance, if one has created a Wix personal pricing plan under "Ronnie Mendes", however, the associated bank account is listed as "Ronnie's parlour", then the payment transferred will be failed.
Business Pricing Plan: Choose this Plan if you do business as an organisation (Partnership/ LLC/ Corporation/ NGO). The payout will be sent to the business's bank account in such a case.
- The business will need an EIN or the relevant company registration ID for the respective country.
- Also, the bank account should be a registered business account under the company's name.
- The company's name in the Wix payment should match the bank account details.
Note: For the same, if you registered your bank account, then the payment transfer will be failed.
Note for NGO: If your non-governmental organisation has the EIN or any other organisational registration ID, it is possible to develop a business account.
Non-Profit Pricing Plan of Wix
The non-profit pricing plan of Wix is highly competitive, and the starting pricing plan is $5 per month. This pricing plan comprises the other plans, such as unlimited storage, bandwidth, and support. Non-profit organisations can also avail the benefits of the Wix app market to get additional offers and discounts on popular apps and services. Besides, non-profit organisations can get a free domain for one year after they sign up for a new account.
Basic Commerce versus Advanced Commerce Plan
A basic Wix commerce plan is ideal for individuals and businesses and is perfect for creating an online store. It supports more HD video storage or required access to Wix's powerful business apps like Wix Bookings. Nonetheless, this essential and advanced commerce plan is beneficial for launching and maintaining the online store, such as developing a storefront, making a product catalogue, managing orders, integrating sales channels, and managing shipping and taxes.
Basic E-commerce Plan: The basic E-commerce plan comprises a free custom domain, SSL encryption, the ability to accept online payments, start subscriptions, collect recurring payments, and save customer payments so visitors can quickly check out.
Here are the basic E-commerce plans with low-volume sales-
Also, Wix's Basic E-commerce plan includes 50 GB storage space, $600 worth of advertisement vouchers, and the ability to showcase and sell unlimited products. In the essential Plan, the option is very robust. This basic E-commerce plan is perfect for the newly launched online business.
Advanced eCommerce Plan: This Plan is ideal for small and medium-sized E-commerce businesses planning to sell through Wix.
In the Advanced E-commerce plan, one will get an additional 100 GB of storage, 10 hours of video, and automated sales tax features. This Plan also includes advanced shipping features such as end-to-end order fulfilment management and the potential to reach more eligible shoppers by selling across online marketplaces. Here, the Plan will comprise 1000 product reviews, perfect for developing trust and credibility for the business.
Is There Any Hidden or Additional Cost?
One should pay the monthly subscription fee and the Wix costs.
1. Wix Auto-Renewal: This is not an additional charge; nonetheless, many customers need to realise that Wix subscriptions are set to renew automatically at the end of the subscription period. You can turn off the settings if you do not want the plan to auto-renew. Simply go to your settings and turn off the auto-renewal option.
- Open the billing and payments section in the Wix account
- Click on the Plan Actions
- Click on the Cancel Now option
Note: Once you click the ‘Cancel Now’ option, the automatically renew option will be cancelled from the subscription.
2. Cost of Wix Domain Name (Only Free for First Year of Annual Plans): The Wix domain name will be free for the first year. After that, most domains will cost $14.95 per year, while specialised domains will cost $24.85 per year. If you are not prepared to pay for your domain, another person can register and use the domain name for themselves. The domain name will be automatically renewed, so you won't accidentally lose it.
3. Custom email address: Wix has already partnered with G Suite (Google's Gmail for the Business), which enables the creation of custom email addresses directly with the Wix account. Hence, one can pay, set up, and configure the email addresses inside Wix's dashboard. The Cost of signing up for email is $6.00 per year, or you must pay $6.50 if you choose a month-to-month email plan.
4. Pay Extra for Apps: One will get tons of free apps in the Wix app market (55 apps exactly). Apart from that, one will get some premium apps that can be added to the website. There will be both free and premium apps. Based on your preferences, you should choose the same. The price of the Wix premium apps varies from the price range between $3 and $20 per month. Some apps come with a free trial, whereas the others are paid packages from day one. As per the experts, one should start with the free version and then can upgrade to the premium app at any time. Hence, if you do not want to pay for an app, ensure you have turned it off in the settings.
5. Wix Ascend (Marketing Support for Small Businesses): Wix Ascend is the one-stop shop for customer management and marketing destinations. It is a business tool designed to grow traffic and gain customer insights. Also, Wix ascends beneficial for boosting customer engagement and conversions and managing the business. One can avail of Wix Ascend for free, pre-installed on the Wix website. Nevertheless, it will give you unlimited access to all ascend business tools. Therefore, if you want to remove the ascend branding or unlock the powerful features, you must upgrade the same.
Which Wix Plans Have We Recommended the Most?
If one is looking to avail of most of the features offered by Wix, then one should be signing up for the Basic Business plan of Wix for $27/ month. As per the experts, one can access various quality tools and features. Before concluding about the best Wix plans, one can consider the Wix transaction fees, email pricing plan, and domain pricing.
Wix transaction fees: A transaction fee is charged for every payment you receive through Wix. Wix payment charges the amount for the processing of funds to the account. The Wix transaction fee is 2.9%; however, if one makes a transaction using a credit card, he has to pay an additional $0.30. For the Wix transaction fees, one should select one of the below-mentioned associated transaction fees:
- Credit/ debit card with payments
- Wix Payments point of sale (POS)
- Wix Payments Manual Card Entry
- Apple Pay
- Pay Now (Online Bank Transfer)
Wix Email Pricing Plan: Wix email pricing starts from $4.95 per month, which includes the features for starting the service. It also comprises 1 GB of storage and supports up to 5 users. One can upgrade the Plan anytime if one requires more storage or users. In addition, there are no long-term contracts; hence, one can cancel the account anytime. Wix also offers up to 3 users support a free plan that includes 500 MB of storage and the same. Nonetheless, the free Plan does not include a professional email address. If one is looking for a professional email address with the free Plan, he should upgrade to the paid one.
Wix Domain Pricing: It is known that a custom domain name can make the website easier to find. However, it also benefits potential consumers who can run a reputable business. Most domains' Wix costs between $10 to $45 per year. However, sometimes, the prices are higher in some cases. Different factors can affect the domain prices; hence, it is necessary to understand the probable return on the investment for each option. More specifically, if the domain name is expensive, it may give you enough recognition, reputability, and organic traffic, over time. In turn, the sales of your E-commerce business can be sharply increased.
Some critical factors influence the domain name cost:
- Web hosting
- Domain name structure
- Premium domain names
- Domain aftermarket
- Privacy protection
Tip: One will get the estimated domain price if one puts the potential name into the Wix generator. It is already discussed that the Fynd platform can be a significant competitor of Wix. Hence, the transaction fees, email pricing plan, and domain pricing of the Fynd platform have been analysed here.
Transaction Fees of Fynd Platform: The Fynd platform's transaction fees vary based on the pricing plan one chooses. If you choose the standard or professional pricing plan of the Fynd platform, the transaction fee will be 4.5%, whereas the fee will be 3.5% if you choose the premium Plan. Unlike Wix, one should not pay any additional amount if he makes a credit card transaction. Hence, there is no such hidden price in the Fynd platform.
Email Pricing Plan of Fynd Platform: The email pricing plan of the Fynd platform is way more budget-friendly than the Wix email pricing plan. If you choose Standard, Professional, or the Business pricing plan under the Fynd platform, you can send free emails up to 500, 5000, and 50k, respectively. After that, the clients have to pay INR 0.25 per mail, and the charge is much lower compared to the Wix email price. Also, Read Fynd Platform Pricing Plan.
Domain Pricing Plan of Fynd Platform: The clients do not need the custom domain if they choose the Standard Pricing Plan. Consequently, there will be no question of paying a custom domain price for a Standard Pricing Plan. Also, clients can choose the custom domain name if they choose the Professional or the Business Plan. However, there will be no additional payment for choosing the custom domain name, which will be included in the Plan. Again, it is proved that the Fynd platform provides more budget-friendly plans than the Wix platform. In comparison between Wix and the Fynd platform pricing plan, the Fynd platform can get a 4.9 rating out of 5, whereas the score for Wix will be 4.5 out of 5.
Tips to Get the Best Deal with Wix
It is already discussed that the Wix pricing plans are flexible per the requirements. For instance, there are 12 main plans, and the packages are available. Also, you can buy the premium third-party Wix website apps from the Wix app stores. Consider the following suggestions to avoid the irrelevant Plan and save up to 40%.
Suggestion 1: If you have only eight products to sell and receive very few transactions, you may not need to pay for the entire Wix E-commerce package. Instead, you can opt for the $27/month Basic Business Plan, which allows you to receive payments. However, this plan may be expensive for your needs. In such a case, consider choosing the $16 Combo Plan and setting it up with PayPal and Stripe payments. These payment gateways accept almost all credit and debit cards and directly deposit the funds into your bank account. By implementing this strategy, you can save $11/month or $12/year compared to the $27 plan, which amounts to over 40% savings.
Suggestion 2: If you want a registered business email, Wix offers Google's integrated business email service, accessible through the Wix dashboard. Google G Suite costs $6/month, but it can go up to $25/month for a business email. However, this plan may be expensive for small business owners. Alternatively, you can use Zoho's business email for free on Wix. Zoho is a leading global provider of business collaboration applications and offers unlimited business emails for up to five domains at no cost. This email service is similar to Google's Gmail and provides similar features. In this case, signing up for a Zoho business email and connecting it with your Wix domain is advisable.
Suggestion 3: It is not recommended to purchase a monthly plan as it does not include a free domain name, premium apps, or other benefits available with a one-time payment plan. Instead, it would be wise to choose a premium domain for free. By selecting a premium domain for free, you can enjoy a 22% discount and receive numerous benefits associated with the premium domain.
Suggestion 4: If you want to change your plan without losing past credit, remember to transfer the previous credit when switching. You don't need to pay the total amount when changing plans; you only need to pay the difference.
Suggestion 5: You can benefit from the Wix vouchers if you plan to advertise your website on Google, Bing, or any local listing. Using these vouchers, you can receive a certain amount of Google Ads. It's important to note that this advertising voucher is separate from any other vouchers or offers. Simply enter the Wix ad code and claim it. Sometimes, you may even receive a free domain name, even if you didn't purchase a free domain when buying the central plan.
Suggestion 6: If you are a student and can access a university email, here's a surprise. You can enjoy a 50% discount on yearly plans. Please note that this offer only applies if you have a valid student email. However, if you don't have a student email, you can still avail of an additional 10% discount. This is the most affordable plan offered by Wix. Enter the code "TAKE10" to apply the discount and click the apply button. These are the best ways to save money and take advantage of the available discounts.
Is the Free Plan of Wix Free?
Yes, Wix offers a free plan to users, which provides 500 MB of data storage. The free plan is great because there is no time limit, and users can build websites without paying. To sign up for the free plan, one does not need to provide payment details; they only need to create an account with their email address and can start building their website. However, it's important to note that the free plan has limited features and may not be suitable for a growing business in certain cases.
Here are some limitations of Wix's free Plan-
- One cannot select a domain name for the business.
- One must find a way to sell products online, as E-commerce features are not included in the free plan.
- Only Wix advertisements can be displayed on the website.
- Access to Google Analytics is not available if you choose the free plan.
- Essential customer support can be received, but there is no option for priority support.
Wix Versus Competitor Pricing Plans
Over the years, Wix has changed the concept of business and non-E-commerce pricing plans. Wix is known for its affordable options, like the "Connect Domain" plan, priced at $5/month. However, previously considered the cheapest, the Combo Plan has increased by $2/year. As a result, the Wix Combo Plan is now priced at $16, making it one of the more expensive advertisement-free starting plans in the market. Before comparing Wix's Pricing Plans with competitors, it's important to consider Wix apps, integration costs, and template prices. Wix offers a variety of apps and integration options, including Wix Bookings, Site Pages, Wix Events, blogs, online programs, Wix Video, Wix File Share, Wix Groups, and more.
Additionally, Wix provides approximately 500 free E-commerce website templates that cover a wide range of categories. Each template comes with its unique features. Some major competitors of Wix include Squarespace, Weebly, GoDaddy, and the Fynd platform.
The statement below highlights the pricing plans of these major competitors:
Squarespace Pricing Plans: Similar to Wix, Squarespace offers various pricing plans for users. These include the Personal Pricing Plan, Business Pricing Plan, Commerce Basic Pricing Plan, And Commerce Advanced Pricing Plan. Additionally, Squarespace provides a 14-day trial period for users to explore their pricing plans.
Weebly Pricing Plan: Compared to Wix and Squarespace, Weebly's pricing plan needs to catch up. Users can choose from free, personal, professional, and performance-based pricing plans here. However, it's worth noting that the features offered with each pricing plan are relatively fewer than those provided in Wix's Pricing Plans.
GoDaddy Pricing Plan: GoDaddy offers a free pricing plan that includes 24/7 support and mobile-friendly websites. Users can upgrade to different pricing plans based on their requirements if needed. These plans cater to personal use, start-up businesses, growing businesses, and E-commerce. The price range for these plans varies from Rs 249/month to Rs 999/month.
Fynd Platform: Like other website builders, the Fynd platform provides a free trial pack for clients. Additionally, the platform offers various offers along with their pricing plans. When comparing it to competitors and Wix's pricing plans, the Fynd platform offers its services the most affordable pricing plan.
Considering Wix's eight different pricing plans, they are ideal for specific groups of clients. For instance, the free plan of Wix offers many features, templates, and apps. However, it has some limitations on on-site functions. The Combo plan is best for personal use and includes a free domain for one year on the annual plan. The Unlimited plan is ideal for businesses as it provides more storage, higher video allowance, and an SEO support app. The Basic Business plan is well-suited for selling products online. Therefore, setting your objective lets you choose the best plan offering maximum return.
Learn from the masters and cracks the code to festive season sales success with Fynd Platform's Festive Readiness Guide
How much does it cost to use Wix?
There are a total of eight pricing plans available, which are available from $16 per month to $59 per month. Per the experts, $16 per month is ideal and cheapest as the combo plan, whereas $22 per month is the Unlimited Plan, which is popular among freelancers.
Is Wix free?
Yes, Wix is free; however, one can avail of some limited features. For instance, the templates and the apps are limited under the Wix free pricing plan.
What is the sales tax Wix is taking?
The sales tax percentage of Wix is 2.9% plus $0.30.
Do professionals use Wix?
Wix is a user-friendly platform that allows clients to create and manage their websites without needing coding knowledge. This is a good option for professionals who want to focus o design more than coding.
Does Wix have its domain name?
While Wix is used for creating websites, you should know that you do not own the domain name when using the service. However, if you think of leaving Wix, you do not need to leave the domain name.
What is the #1 rank holder in website building?
The Fynd platform holds the first rank in website building, where one can choose the best Plan as per their demand, and they will get 24/7 support from the executive if they need it. Also, there are no hidden costs or taxes implied in the pricing plans. All the Fynd platform-made websites are mobile-friendly.