As a seller, you might want to configure Cash on Delivery (COD) for your website. If that's the case, it's worthwhile for you to note that the COD option is configurable from four places:
- Main COD configuration
- Customer-level COD configuration
- Product-level COD configuration
- PIN Code-level COD configuration
Each sales channel website can have its own COD configuration. You may maintain separate COD settings in case you have multiple sales channel in your business account.
Main COD configuration
Sales Channel (choose application) → Settings → Cart & Payments → Payments → Payment Options (section)
- Enable or disable COD on the website
- Allow or disallow COD for guest users
- Enforce the maximum COD allowed per user (after exhausting the limit, customer won't get COD option during checkout until the order is delivered)
- Enforce the maximum COD allowed per order (beyond the limit, the order has to be a prepaid one)
- Levy extra delivery charges on the order value if a customer opts for COD during checkout
Customer-level COD configuration
Path: Sales Channel (choose application) → Customers
- Allow or disallow COD for a specific user
- Check the COD limits remaining for a specific customer (keeps decreasing whenever a customer places a COD order, and replenishes after the order is successfully delivered)
Product-level COD configuration
Path: Sales Channel (choose application) → Products
- Allow or disallow COD for a specific product
PIN Code-level COD configuration
Path: Sales Channel (choose application) → Settings → Cart & Payments → Payments → Payment Options (section) → (Click Configure button)
- Add the PIN codes one-by-one to enable or disable COD (customers would be eligible for COD if their delivery address is located in your whitelisted PIN codes)
- Add the PIN codes in bulk (using CSV file) to enable or disable COD for multiple PIN codes at once
- Enable or Disable COD option for PIN Codes
Guest User-level COD Configuration
Path: Sales Channel (choose application) → Settings → Cart & Payments → Payments → Offline Payment (section) → (Enable Allow COD for anonymous users)
- Cash on Delivery for All: This feature lets sellers offer Cash on Delivery (COD) to all users, even those who aren't signed in.
- No Login Required: Users don't need to log in to make COD payments.
- Easy and Flexible: Sellers can activate this option, making it easy and flexible for all customers to pay with COD.