Gala Overview Guide
Theme GALA, a paid theme by Fynd Platform for medium to oversized clothing or accessory stores. With its responsive layout and distinctive visual style, GALA favourably highlights your products, simplifying the purchasing process for your customers.
GALA has the following benefits for your online store:
- Flexible design with customisation settings that allow you to achieve your desired vision without having to edit any code.
- Quantity control on product display page, allows customers to easily adjust the quantity of products they want to buy for a smoother and more intuitive shopping experience.
- The one-page cart integration offers a fast and convenient way for customers to complete their purchases, streamlining the checkout process.
- A fully customised 'About Us' page allows you to showcase your brand's personality and meet your specific needs.
To use theme GALA, you must install and activate it on your sale channel. Once the theme is activated, you can use the theme editor to customise and design your website.
This theme guide provides detailed instructions on how to use the theme's features and functionalities.
Get Yourself Familiar with Customisation Within Sections in Theme GALA
Sections are the building blocks of your website's layout. They allow you to organise your content in a visually appealing and easy-to-navigate way for your customers. The GALA theme provides several sections where you can promote your brand personality and showcase your products and features. Here are the available sections in theme GALA.
To reduce the time it takes to load a website, it's best to put the faster-loading sections at the top. These include things like Hero Images, Application Banners, and Image Slideshows. Sections like Videos, Category Listings, Feature Listings, and Collection Listings take longer to load because they need to gather data from the system.
1. Hero Image
Hero Image is a large, impactful image placed at the top of a webpage. Use this section to set the tone, conveys the brand message, or showcases a product on your website. The hero section also include text, buttons, or interactive elements to encourage visitors to take actions.
2. Video Section
Adding a video section to your website has many advantages. It allows you to display products in action, creating a more engaging and informative experience for your customers. Additionally, a video section can help establish your brand's personality and build emotional connections with customers.
3. Application Banner
Application banner provides a banner where you can showcase your products or features. It is especially useful for promoting sales or other special events.
Application banner can also be used to create interesting division between sections along with highlighting your brand personality.
4. Image Slideshow
This section allows you to present multiple images in a sequence, usually with
some sort of transition effect between each image.
5. Category Listing
This section displays a list of product categories you offer.
6. Featured Collection
This section highlights a specific collection of products.
7. Rich Text
This section provides a space where you can include text, images, and multimedia to provide more information about your brand or products.
8. Collection Listing
This section displays a list of product collections you offer.
9. Image Description
This section allows you to include an image and a description of the product or feature you want to promote.
Before you customise your theme
Before customising your theme, it's a good idea to complete the following tasks:
- Add a product catalog for your sales channel.
- Plan and build your collections listing, and upload all media according to the theme guidelines.
Customising Your Theme
Prepare creative assets for the theme.
Logos are important identity of your brand store. Ensure that your logo is high-resolution and properly positioned on your website for maximum impact.
There are 3 type of logo you are required to upload for your sale channel:
Update logos and favicon for theme by going to the sale channel → Setting → General
"Products Images" refers to pictures or visual representations of the products being sold or advertised.
When preparing your product image for the theme, it's important to keep in mind that high-quality product images are essential for showcasing your products. Consider investing in a professional photographer or using a high-quality camera to capture your products.
It is also important to keep note of asset aspect ratio and maximum size applicable for the particular theme. For example, aspect ratio for product image in theme GALA is 1:1.
Promotional creatives can showcase your products in the best possible light, providing customers with an enticing view of what you offer. They also help establish your brand's personality, making it easier for customers to connect with you.
Here are the three example of showcase website created using theme GALA.
Upload images in the theme editor
- From your Fynd Platform dashboard, select Sale Channel > Appearance> Themes.
- Find the theme from theme library that you want to edit, and then click Edit from the dropdown menu.
- From the theme editor sidebar, click the section or block that you want to add an image to.
- Click Upload, To upload an image from your computer. You can either browse or drag drop image from your computer.note
When creating creative assets for your website, it is advised to take note of the asset size and supported file format. For asset size refer our Cheat Sheet below.
- Once selected, click Upload.
Quick Reference Sheet
Here is the quick cheat sheet for all your media size and support reference.
Cheat SHEET GALA
Here are some free tools you can use to design creatives for your sale channel.
- Canva: A free-to-use online graphic design tool.
- Adobe Express: A free-to-use online graphic design tool.
- Upscale.Media: Upscale your creative assets for free.
- EraseBG: Remove backgrounds from creative assets seamlessly.
- WatermarkRemover: Remove watermark for your photographs
How to Install Theme on Sale Channel
To install, you can head over to the Theme Marketplace and get started.