How To Launch A Makeup Brand And Sell Online?
Learn from the masters and cracks the code to festive season sales success with Fynd Platform's Festive Readiness Guide
Did you have a makeover at a salon? Did you love the way you looked? Did you wish you could create these looks for yourself? Many people have these thoughts but don't do anything about them. Many people want to start makeup brands but don't know where to start. The makeup industry is very lucrative, and there is stiff competition.
Starting a makeup business in India is a very profitable venture, as demand for its products is constantly increasing. If you wonder how to establish a makeup brand in India, you have come to the right place. These are the basic steps homepreneurs & entrepreneurs must follow to launch a makeup brand and sell online:
1) Make a business plan
When starting any business, one of the first and most important steps is to create a business plan. This document will outline all aspects of the makeup business and how you plan to make it a success.
A business plan for a makeup brand should include essential information such as the company's mission, target market, product description, competitive analysis, marketing strategy, and financial projections. By taking the time to create a detailed business plan, you are putting yourself in a much better position for long-term success.
2) Market Research
Market research is essential for any business, especially a startup looking to introduce a new product into an existing market. When it comes to a makeup brand, the research should focus on understanding consumer needs and preferences.
The research goal should be to identify what gaps exist in the current market and determine what types of makeup products would be most appealing to consumers. A secondary goal might be to identify potential target markets for the new makeup brand. For instance, India has a growing demand for natural and organic makeup products.
3) Target audiences
You should be aware of who is purchasing your beauty items. It enables the provision of customized services to customers. You should define your product's target audience, i.e., if it's for women or men. Understanding your audience enables you to create practical marketing efforts for the targeted audience.
4) Create a vast online presence
You can sell makeup products online through multiple channels like
Social media accounts: You should create a social media account for your brand on numerous social media platforms. It will assist you in establishing contact with your followers or customers.
You may market your brand on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and others. Allowing customers to engage, rate and review your products, increases the number of visitors to your digital channel. Maintain an active presence on social media sites and respond to customer service inquiries to promote your brand.
Websites: If you're a small business owner considering launching a website to sell your products online, ensure that your website includes HD quality images, How-to-videos, detailed product descriptions and blogs. Many folks may be unaware of the proper way to use your cosmetic products, and product descriptions can reassure customers and address their primary concerns.
Video marketing: Video marketing is a great way to show off your products, explain how they work, and engage with your customers. It can also help you build a community around your brand and create loyalty among your customers.
You can upload a makeup lesson video demonstrating how to utilize your product. By watching someone else test out a product and have a good experience with it, viewers are more likely to feel comfortable buying it themselves.
5) Identify your USP
To develop your makeup brand, you should understand your USP (Unique Selling Proposition). Makeup brands have different USPs, such as distinctive colour composition, a low price, or a varied range. Promote the unique selling point of your makeup items to attract a larger audience.
Things to reckon while deciding USP of a makeup brand:
- How do you plan to present yourself in the market?
- How will your product be a solution for your consumers?
- Who are your target customers, and the specific problems you are trying to solve?
- What are the expected benefits that customers reap from the product?
- Why would customers choose your brand over others?
- Determine the makeup product category
- Strength of your makeup product
- The target audience of the makeup brand
- What motivates your customer behavior and buying decisions?
- What makeup brands do they buy?
- Why do they buy makeup brands?
6) Branding & labelling
Here are some top branding strategies used by makeup brands that can be replicated for your brand:
Brand activism: Patagonia is an excellent example of a brand that aligns what it says with what it does. Its website showcases the exact steps the company is taking to minimize its environmental impact, including blog posts, videos and statistics that clearly explain its programs and progress.
Minimalism: The strategy uses essential elements like basic shapes, simple text, limited color palettes, and space to create an uncluttered aesthetic. Brands using minimalistic design to elevate products: Peter Thomas Roth, Bliss, ouai
Quirky Branding: Quirky branding involves a variety of aspects, including hand-drawn graphics and unusual imagery, as well as overlapping elements, asymmetry, and disorderly design. It's a trend that a diverse spectrum of firms has embraced - including those in more traditional areas like finance and health insurance
7) Invest in a trusted eCommerce platform
Fynd Platform allows businesses to outsource critical tasks and operations to focus on what they do best. Makeup brands do not need to invest in separate features to launch a makeup brand and sell online. Fynd Platform all-in-one features - custom domain, Fynd payment gateway, logistics support, inventory management, order management and bundled marketing tools allow makeup brands to
- Manage their online stores more efficiently
- Bypass the need for on-premises hardware and software
- Enjoy rapid deployment of solutions that are always up-to-date
- Manage customer relations more efficiently and effectively
Fynd Platform has specially curated features for building your online makeup brand’s onlin store:
- Fynd Payment gateway: For accepting safe online payments from multiple payment modes
- Custom domain: Connect your custom domain to your website
- Selling locations: The number of selling locations you can plug in inventory for.
- SSL certificate helps build trust for your online clothing store and is inbuilt in Fynd Platform websites.
- Email & SMS Marketing: Get email and SMS marketing for driving marketing campaigns and reaching the target audience.
- Logistic Support: Get 24 hours logistic support from Fynd Platform
- Coupon & discounts: You can create custom coupons & discounts for targeting new & existing customers, which will also help grow their loyalty
- SEO friendly: Fynd Platform provides SEO friendly online store for growing organic traffic from search engines and social media platforms
- Blogging support: You can create, write & manage blogs on online business websites created with Fynd Platform.
Start a free trial today! Build your online makeup business with Fynd Platform.
Launching a makeup brand is not easy. It takes time, creativity and a good knowledge of market trends. You need to know what you want your brand to be, how to sell it and how to let the world know about it.
It can be a lot of work, but if you do your research and market your products well, your makeup brand could be greatly successful. If you are interested in starting a makeup brand, check out our article on How to Launch a Makeup Brand and Sell Online.
Join Fynd Platform that supports you at every step of the online business journey. Build your makeup brand website with unlimited products, an inbuilt payment gateway and an inhouse delivery partner.
We have helped numerous beauty brands like Body Cafe grow their business by reaching more customers online. Book a demo or Contact Us to learn more about how Fynd Platform enables you to simply start a makeup brand and sell it online.