How to stand out in the crowd? You need to do several things to get people to notice your store as there are so many businesses out there, all competing for the same customers. One of the best ways to differentiate yourself in the market is to run an effective marketing campaign.
Here are some tried and tested marketing tips to grow your eCommerce business.
1) Optimizing eCommerce product pages for quick conversions
Take a look at some of the best ways to optimize an eCommerce product page for excellent conversions:
You want to provide an outstanding shopping experience to your customers, but before that, you have to check a few crucial things about eCommerce pages:
- Does it load faster?
- Does it provide a good user experience?
- Does the product page tell customers about your brand?
- Is there sufficient information for customers to help them buy the product?
- Does it have high-quality product images that help customers check the product – size, colour, and fit?
If any of these are not right about the product page, you need to consider page optimization by:
A) Using impressive product photos
Use well-lit, high-quality product images on the eCommerce product pages as 75% of online shoppers rely on product photos when deciding on a potential purchase. Images help users fully understand the product information and reconcile what they read with what they see.
B) Optimize eCommerce product page for smartphones
Mobile commerce sales will reach $3.56 trillion in 2021—22.3% more than the $2.91 trillion it registered in 2021. If eCommerce product pages are not mobile-friendly, you may lose traffic, sales, and revenue.
Ways to optimize an eCommerce store for mobile
- Always use a top navigation menu positioned left/right
- Use high quality and low size images for mobile
- Take the mobile-friendly test to check the mobile compatibility of the eCommerce website
- Position the CTA buttons on the right of the page to receive more clicks than the left side
- Make your site searchable by offering site search options
- Test the page using Google PageSpeed Insights as 47% of customers expect a webpage to load in 2 seconds or less
C) Provide detailed product content
Do you know that 88% of shoppers characterize detailed product content as being extremely important? Here is what users are looking for on a product page:
- Brand information
- Product title
- Product Description – About product, USP, size, and quantity
- Ingredients of the product
- Usage instructions
- Customer testimonials
D) eCommerce product page must have a clear Call to Action (CTA)
Call to Action should be used so that it entices the customers to purchase the product. The CTA button on the product page acts as a virtual salesperson, prompting you to buy the product immediately without delay. The clearer the CTA more quickly would be the sale.
Few examples of highly effective CTAs used in eCommerce marketing:
- Buy Now
- Shop Now
- Add to Cart
- Add to Basket
- Sign up
- Try for Free
- Join Us
- Get Started
E) Use social proof like customer reviews & ratings to increase trust
If you want to hear about the experiences and views of other customers using the product, customer reviews will help you purchase an eCommerce product.
Check out some of the most effective ways to get customer reviews for your eCommerce website.
How to use Fynd Platform to develop conversion-optimized product pages?
Creating pages is a breeze using the Fynd Platform. You don't need prior design experience.
You can easily construct a page using drag and drop capabilities by replacing/adding items in pre-designed and fully configurable themes. . These themes are device-friendly and load quickly across a wide range of devices.
2) Apply SEO to grow in-store organic traffic
In simple terms, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) means learning the language of search engines to interact with online users using keywords that drive organic traffic to a website effectively.
How to use SEO for growing your eCommerce website?
Step 1: Open a Google Ads account and click Google Keyword Planner
Step 2: Click Discover new keywords and copy-paste a random eCommerce website URL like Van Huesen in the Start with a Website option.
Step 3: Click the Get Results button
Step 4: Download keyword stats in excel sheet
Step 5: Sort keyword search volume from high to low
Step 6: You get keywords with highest to lowest search volume in the below format