Running an eCommerce store in a highly competitive marketplace is a challenge in itself. Every eCommerce store faces the same problem of competing with the other stores.
Even if you have a unique product, it can be hard to get the customer’s attention as they get bombarded with many products in a short amount of time on the internet. Store owners need to make sure that their products attract great attention & online visibility to generate sales, which would make up for the store's costs and profit.
You can imagine the grilling competition to increase online visibility as an essential fact says that 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines. It makes it easier for the rest 25% of customers to access the top eCommerce brands with quality products, best offers, thereby winning sales qualified leads & more traffic for your eCommerce store.Here are some proven ways to improve product visibility on your eCommerce store.
Ways to enhance product visibility on an eCommerce store
1) Use blogs to create quality content about your product
A study says nearly two-thirds of internet users made an online purchase after reading a blog post. Reasons why your eCommerce website needs a blog:
Educate your audience quickly: It’s easy to do business with your audience if they are well acquainted with your products. Blogs are the ready-to-serve guide for different types of common user queries related to products & the business like
- How to use the product?
- What are the benefits of the product?
- How is the product better against the competition?
- What are the use cases, news & trends related to the product?
A blog brings more traffic: More traffic means more visibility to the company's product & other critical website elements.Companies that publish at least 16 blog posts per month receive 3.5 times more traffic than those that publish fewer than four posts.
2) Use YouTube to showcase your products
YouTube is the second most visited website after Google. Research says consumers are 64%-85% more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video.That means if you are not uploading videos on a YouTube channel, you are missing out on capturing the audience interested in knowing about the product.The growing number of YouTube views drives customer’s curiosity about the brand, boosts website traffic for the listed products, thereby increasing overall sales.
Strong reasons why eCommerce businesses should invest in YouTube:
- 68% of YouTube users watch videos to make a buying decision, which is great news for eCommerce businesses.
- YouTube receives more than 30 million visitors a day, who watch nearly five billion videos. It exposes your business to a vast audience interested in watching videos.
- Video can evoke emotions, making you think & feel, and is 12 times likelier to watch than text.
- Video ads can increase brand awareness by 170%, increase your brand favorability by 500%, and increase the intent to purchase by 270%.
3) Use premium quality images to showcase your products
High-quality images are a must for your eCommerce business as consumers have high expectations for product representation. They want to view everything about the product from left to right, top to bottom. High-quality images help consumers know the product size, features, and USPs. A good product image can help eCommerce businesses increase their product visibility, communicate more effectively with the customers & increase sales volume.
If you don't have clear and high-quality photos of your products, customers are sure to turn back and buy from a competitor. Benefits of high-quality images for eCommerce business:
- It Helps attracts attention to the product
- Increase sales & minimizes cart abandonment
- Enhance customer retention and trust
- Significantly enhance your click-through rate (CTR)
- Reduce the number of returns or exchanges
4) Improve website navigation
The navigation of an eCommerce website can make or break the experience of your visitors. The more straightforward and exciting the navigation experience is, the more users will stay on your eCommerce store.
How to ensure smooth navigation? Your eCommerce business home page should have links to the crucial category pages & product pages so that the home page acts as a gateway to important pages of the website.
Clutch.co surveyed about the top website features valued by people. Here are the findings: 94% of people say easy navigation is the most crucial website feature. A simple-to-navigate website enables users to find the content they are looking for much more quickly. It requires a simple menu layout and the ability to browse swiftly and effectively between pages.
That’s why eCommerce business with a digital presence must create websites with a great User Experience (UX) to ensure the audience stay engaged and return.
5) Use Google to increase your website visibility
You can increase website visibility using Google by following these easy steps:
1) Register on Google search console (GSC): This free service from Google allows submission of your website's sitemap, which is a way of telling the search engine that your website exists on the internet.
2) Use Google My Business (GMB): You can use GMB to tell online customers that your eCommerce business has a physical existence. It can also be used to post content, submit customer reviews for increased business visibility.
3) Identify the right keywords: Google can help you with the right keyword to attract quality traffic to your eCommerce website. Google Keyword Planner would be of great help to you in this case.
One of the most common questions about eCommerce is how to improve product visibility. In reality, there is no one size fits all solution. Ultimately, it depends on your specific business and what you are trying to achieve.
If you have any questions about improving your eCommerce store, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, and we look forward to helping you with any eCommerce concerns you may have.