When a customer orders one or more products from your website, it's essential to display the selling locations (stores) that offer the products at the lowest price. Moreover, the shipments must be delivered to the customer in a minimum amount of time.
Store assignment is an automated process to find the most optimal selling location that can fulfill the order placed by a customer. For a given PIN code, we automatically assign a store and display other stores that can fulfill the order.
In this document, you will learn more about:
Criteria For Optimal Store Assignment
Stores are automatically assigned based on:
- The PIN code entered by your customer should be serviceable by your logistics and delivery partner.
- Prioritize the selling locations that offer the lowest price.
- Prioritize the selling locations that can ship as early as possible.
Customer has the liberty to choose a selling location other than the assigned store.
Process Of Store Assignment
Stores are (sequentially) shortlisted by the system based on:
- Best Price
- Fastest Delivery
- Minimum Turnaround Time (TAT) by delivery partner
- The minimum distance between the customer and store
Let's look at the step-by-step process by which the stores are assigned:
Step 1: Identify all the stores that deliver to the customer's PIN code.
Step 2: Shortlist the stores that offer the products at the best price.
Step 3: Determine the fastest delivery or minimum turnaround time (TAT) for the logistics team to ship the order to the customer, also known as 'last-mile delivery'.
Ideally, the store nearest to the customer should fulfill the order. However, if the store has a high TAT, it may take more days to deliver an order as compared to a distant store with quicker logistics.
Step 4: Selecting a store that is closest to the customer's location.
Types Of Stores
Namely, there are three types of selling locations:
- High Street: A shop located on the main street of a town or city, often distinguished from out-of-town or online shops.
- Mall: A large indoor shopping centre containing multiple stores, businesses and restaurants.
- Warehouse: A large building where goods are stored prior to their distribution or sale.
Store assignment also depends on the type of selling location. One can configure and set the priority of these store types and decide which amongst them (high street, mall or warehouse) should get the highest priority during a store assignment.
On Fynd Platform, when you add a selling location of your company, you will be prompted to enter the store type. Click here to know more.